Do you want to know the secret to local lead generation? It all depends on how great of a strategy you have. Here’s what you can do to build the perfect lead generation strategy.
There are 1.8 billion recorded websites on the internet. That’s some stiff competition…
Your leads have a ton of options when it comes to brands they’ll choose to trust and consume content from.
What’s your lead generation strategy to make yours count?
Here are our top tips for creating a plan that’ll help you stand out and convert over the competition >>
1. Know Your Audience
The first critical step when it comes to lead generation is understanding what your audience wants.
Market research will help you get to know the type of content you should be putting in your strategy. You can tap into topic ideas by:
- Checking out on Reddit or Quora trending topics in your niche. What are the top comments? These are clearly relevant to people researching information about your industry.
- Asking questions on social media. If you already have an audience, this is a great way to engage them and get useful information about what they want.
- Starting conversations in other groups with an audience similar to your target demographic. You don’t need to have a following yet to start conversations on social media.
You can also reach out to people in your network that fit your user personal profile. This is a great time to take advantage of any network you have.
The more information you can get on your target market, the better.
2. Carefully Consider Your Marketing Platforms
Only certain social media networks are worth your time and energy. This will depend on where your target demographic hangs out.
For example, millennials hang out the most on Facebook and Gen Z hangs out on Snapchat and Instagram more than Facebook.
You’ll need to understand your target demographics specific social media behavior. Then you’ll want to focus on growing your following on those platforms.
3. Make a Plan to Track Leads
Install an analytics system that allows you to see:
- Where your leads are coming into your sales funnel.
- Where the most and least conversions are taking place. Was it at the opt-in stage on your landing page or when you emailed them in the follow-up?
- What platforms, ads, and posts are driving the most traffic to your funnel.
These insights are critical for helping you optimise your lead generation strategy.
With this information, you can then make smarter decisions about where to spend time, money, and energy on your strategy based on performance.
4. Measure the Right Analytics
Your key performance indicators for your lead generation strategy should be S.M.A.R.T.
- Specific: Your KPI should relate directly to your strategy in terms of performance. Ask yourself: What insight does this analytic give me into the performance of the overall strategy?
- Measurable: Choose analytic metrics that are easy to monitor based on the software and platforms you’re using.
- Achievable: Make a plan with milestone goals. These goals should be realistic and help to always push towards the bigger goal.
- Relevant: Now that you have the insights, why do they matter? Make sure to only track metrics that give you the information you can use to better your strategy.
- Time-Bound: Give all of your performance metrics time-oriented goals. These will ensure you’re on track and create urgency.
Create a comprehensive dashboard of all your metrics. Make sure your entire team has access so everyone can be on the same page.
5. Create Killer Content
60% of marketers struggle to create engaging content. But if you follow our tips right from step one, you’ll be set up for success!
Remember – your audience will share content they think provides information relevant to them and their friends.
So focus on giving value first.
For example, a plumbing company could write on a topic such as “Top 10 Ways to DIY Fix a Leak Under the Sink”. While it isn’t directly related to a sale of your services, it does a couple things:
- Brands you as an authority
- Builds trust
- Creates brand awareness
These are all key to building your audience and a successful lead generation strategy.
6. Use Social Media
It’s easy to feel all over the place with social media. There’s a lot to think about and a lot of input as to the ‘best way’ to do things.
Focus on the following to ensure success.
Share in the Right Places
Where does your target audience hang out? Identify key places, such as groups, that your audience engages.
This is where you’ll want to share your content.
Build a Loyal Following
This goes back to providing killer content. Make sure you provide value first, even when engaging in conversations about other content.
Engage in Conversation
Don’t drop and go with your posts. Reply to comments, like other people’s stuff, and keep a tap on what people are talking about in your industry.
7. Capture Leads on Your Website
When it comes to conversion solutions, one key is capturing leads when you have the opportunity.
This includes visitors on your website.
And the best way to capture them? Provide value in exchange for their information.
For example – you could give them an opt-in such as a checklist, free video training, or mini-course. This leaves them feeling like they can trust your brand because they received something in exchange for their contact.
8. Use Mobile Friendly Lead Captures
The fact is, purchase ease increases conversions by 86%. This means the easier it is for your lead to make a decision, the more likely it is that they will.
One easy way to ensure you do this is by optimising for mobile. If someone can’t see your pop-up properly on their smartphone, for example, you’re not going to capture their sales lead.
Think mobile first when creating your lead capture forms. This will help you capture more leads that visit from their phone or other mobile devices.
Lead Generation Strategy Next Steps
Are you ready to create a lead generation strategy… but not sure where to start?
We’ve got you covered! We specialise in digital marketing services so your success becomes a no-brainer.
There are a lot of variables when it comes to making a lead generation strategy so contact us to make sure you’re taking them all into account – contact us today to see what results we can deliver for your business!