1. Make your mission clear
Who are you, who do you help, and how do you do it?
2. Make it easy to contribute
3. Explain how contributions will affect your mission
make your funding goals clear and explain how every donation helps.
4. Tell stories
5. Use imagery
6. Connect events & news
7. Be gracious
Non-profit’s guide to a profitable charity website:
- What action do you want the person to take from the site? Make it easy for your visitors.
- Make it simple to donate. Explain exactly where that money goes and whether or not it’s tax deductible.
- Explain your cause! Try looking at it from an outside perspective — how hard is it to figure out what you support?
- Be gracious.
- Make the content easy to share.
- Do you need volunteers? Make it easy to help. Provide a list and explanation of positions needed.
- Don’t hide your address/phone number. Keep that credibility.
- Make your website media friendly; does your cause get press? Feature News and Events on your website.
- Check out our list of resources for Charity and Not-For-Profit websites.
Web123 proudly donates charity websites to eligible groups and organisations all across Australia. Could your Charity benefit from a Free Web123 Website? We’d love to be involved! Find out if you qualify for a Free Web123 Charity Website.