Worried about getting your share of the online Christmas trade?
Instead of slogging away at driving more traffic to your site this Christmas, why not focus on converting more of your visitors into customers?
OK, so let’s say you currently get 1,000 unique visits per month, and average a 1% conversion rate, which is quite normal. What would it mean to your business if you suddenly increased that conversion rate to 2%? You’d double your inbounds from 10 to 20 per month!
Here’s some quick and easy tips to achieve a higher conversion rate:
1. Be crystal clear on what your primary goal is and communicate it well.
2. Encourage one primary action and make it easy for your visitors to do just that. Remember, if you give your visitors too many choices on your website, it could result in no action at all.
3. Ditch the pretty picture banners for banners with calls to action.
4. Add your phone number (Big Bertha style) to the top right of your homepage.
5. Build your site’s credibility by adding trust factors to your homepage.
When you say good things about yourself it’s fluff, but when others say it about you, it’s proof!
6. Add a video. Seriously. Bite the bullet.
7. Add a ‘Quick Enquiry Form’ to increase conversions.
Make it ridiculously easy for customers to contact you.
8.Shutterstock is NOT your friend
9. Test, test, test.
10. Follow these tips and have a happy (and profitable) holiday season!!